Are you going to lay your wooden floor yourself? Good preparation is half the work
Do you dream of having a warm wooden floor in your home? Nothing beats the natural charm of a wooden floor. Wooden floors by Parky harmoniously combine with any interior and provide pleasure for life. The great thing is that a Parky floor is really not all that difficult to lay.
It is more important to work calmly and methodically than have lots of DIY experience or an arsenal of fancy tools. You can go a long way towards a professional result with a basic toolkit.
These tools will help you to quickly install your parquet
• The Parky installation kit with spacers to keep the expansion joint of your parquet free, a buffer block and a tapping block.
• Tape measure or folding ruler to measure your planks precisely.
• Framing square to mark out the perfect right angle
• Cutter to cut your underlay where necessary
• Robust hammer that is comfortable to hold
• Circular power saw for accurate sawing and razor-fine edges
• Knee pads to make working more comfortable.
If you have everything on the checklist at home, you are ready to effortlessly lay any Parky floor.
Before you start to lay your wooden floor…
Do not forget to also order the correct underlay for your chosen Parky floor. This takes care of minor irregularities, dampens footfall and contact noises and protects your parquet floor against rising damp. For the best possible protection against damp, we recommend taping together the strips of underlay with our moisture-resistant tape. Have you chosen a floor from the Parky collection with a noise-damping layer made from cork? It’s handy to know that you do not need an underlay. Our damp-proof film is sufficient to protect the floor against rising damp, for instance from the screed.
Are you thinking ahead and would you also like to fit skirting yourself in the future? That’s a smart move. In that case, it’s best to also have an electric or manual mitre saw and a bevel protractor to seamlessly fit your skirting in the mitres. We explain exactly how you can do that here.